Everyday, we are faced with so many choices which is often overwhelming, and can feel a little scary. Lately in school, we have been talking about the quote, "You don't choose a life... you live one" from the book and movie, The Way. Although this quote says you don't choose, I feel like it really brings up the idea that you make a choice everyday of whether or not you wallow in the things you can't control or live the life you've been blessed with. Just live your life. Often times, we are faced with decisions and don't know just how to react. I have heard that in situations like these, toss a coin, and for that brief moment it's in the air, you know which side you're hoping it will land on.
This means that not every decision is an easy one but there is always something in your head that knows what you really want, even when the rest of you doesn't. This voice is often pushed aside nowadays because of everything going on around us that is out of our control - the parts of our life that we don't choose. The important thing is to live your life and choose to listen to that voice, no matter what you can't control.
I agree completely! Until you know what you want you can't make a good decision. The quote: "You don't choose a life you live one" is something I've never heard before, but will now probably start to say often.
ReplyDeleteI hadn't heard it before either until our discussion in class and I really thought it had a lot of meaning and was a really good quote so I probably will start saying it too.
DeleteI really like your preception of this quote! I really enjoyed reading your post! :) I especially like the ending.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteYou interpreted this quote in a similar way to the way I did, so I completely agree. Every day we are faced with many choices, even choices we may not recognize because they come so naturally. You just have to make the best of what you have, and make responsible choices. Just make sure the choice in your head that you really want is reasonable. Sometimes it's so easy to go by impulse, and then you end up regretting your decision later.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with not just going on impulse! I didn't really think of that before so it is a good point. I think that as long as you also involve your own good judgement then hopefully it won't leave anything that you could regret later on.
Delete